Monday 30 March 2009

I've seen some pretty horrific British fashion in my time, but the 'WTF de Jour' at the moment seems to be the wearing of legging as pants or trousers.
I have now lost count of the amount of times girls have walked by our flat on their way to the ever classy Lava/Ignite wearing nothing but leggings, high heels, and a short shirt. As in the shirt does not hang past the hips, so that you are treated to a lot of leg...and in many cases, butt.

Even if you're Lindsay Lohan, wearing just leggings is a little too much. While I love pairing 'em with a long tunic dress, short skirt, or even really long shirt, so long as my ass is sufficiently covered, it's fine. But clearly I am in the minority here.

The other day I saw a girl who was about 5'3", 14 stone (196lbs) in Sainsburys wearing not legging, but black tights. And a shirt. The shirt covered her bum by about half an inch, and in the front, it only skimmed her va-j-j by about a quarter. SO NOT OKAY! Why would you do that? That is basically displaying your lady bits out there for all the world to gawk at.
In my perusing for images of ladies in leggings, I came across this site. I'm with ya dude! If only your wisdom was shared with the general Scottish populace.

1 Throwing Stars:

erin - heart in ireland said...

I know!

I hate the leggings and super short top look. Dresses - ok. But especially in the tights I don't want to see that.

But I guess with crew I wore spandex allll the time.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates