Monday 9 March 2009

McFailure

So I since the job hunts has turned stagnant (still waiting for the jobs I applied to to close their applications), I decided to use my time (apart from looking for jobs that don't require me reaching into a ewe's vagina to pull out her lamb) to uber domesticity.

This happened last time I was looking for a job too.

Because of yesterday's sleet storm, I am knitting myself a fancy lacy beret hat. Somehow, all the hats I knit end up being given away, so I'm rushing to get this one done because I feel guilty that I'm making one for myself instead of the hat/scarf/water bottle cover/gloves that I've promised other people.

I'm also baking again. I LOVE baking. I enjoy it more than cooking, probably because I have an addiction to baked goods. While cooking is nice and can produce some delicious meals, baking always wins because all baking in delicious.

I figured, what with Easter maybe around the corner ( I have no idea when it really is, but since all the shops are catapulting chocolate eggs at me, I figure it might be coming up within the next two months) , what better signature Easter treat than carrot cake? I can even decorate the cream cheese frosting with mini Cadburry eggs. Genius.

What's not genius are the recipes I am finding. Like this one, courtesy of the BBC:

Ingredients

Notice anything? Like the LACK of carrots? How can you have a carrot cake with NO carrots? Uber failure. And thus, the search for a good recipe continues.


1 Throwing Stars:

Zonko said...

Dude. I have THE most INCREDIBLE carrot cake recipe - no exaggeration. I made it for all the girls uni time and they still rave on about it. I will bring it tomorrow... gym and carrot cake recipe, what more could a girl want?

Template by:
Free Blog Templates