Wednesday 25 March 2009

I know I just posted about wanting shoes and dresses, but I can't seem to tear myself away from the idea of spending money I don't have. This time around, I think I have convinced myself that I do actually truly need this.

You see, the weather in Edinburgh is slowly changing...getting closer to 20c rather than 10, and I it's getting to the point where my big ol' heavy wool coat is now transforming me into a sweaty pig everytime I walk more than two blocks. It doesn't help that Edinburgh has an almost mystical way of being humid AND cold at the same time, so wearing the big coat is just making me smell faster. But it's still too cold to be outside without some form of extra protection (and I neurotically need to always have a coat-like thing on me to hide my belly from the public).

Solution: Buy a jacket! A nice, lightweight one that will keep the artic winds bite at bay while also not overheating me.

Man, why as I so good at talking myself into things? Is there a term for self-peer pressure?

3 Throwing Stars:

erin - heart in ireland said...

I'm a big jacket fan - they are my slight guilty obsession when it comes to shopping!

I'm a big fan of fleeces for the Irish weather in the spring.

E-Money said...

May I suggest a classic trench? Works for me in San Francisco. The weather there is obnoxious. It's foggy and looks really cold, but then it's only, like half cold, but misty. ANNOYING.

Leashie said...

@Erin- I totally had a fleece, but took it back to NorCal for Christmas and left it there...damn it.

@E-Money- I totally had this classic (properly classic as in Vintage from Herrods) that I got for $4 at a costume sale, but it totally turned me in to Inspector Gadget. I think they are totally cute, but they all look too detective on me. Which is why I was super naughty and bought a short cotton pea-coat-esque but not really jacket from H&M. Flogging myself right now.
xx

Template by:
Free Blog Templates