Wednesday 25 March 2009

Once upon time, in Camp Counsellor training, we had to list two of our heroes; one living who we've met, and one that we hadn't. Most people said things like their mom or grandma, and then someone famous, like Woodrow Wilson or Michael Jordan. I didn't know anyone living to name, so I just made up something. I think I said a neighbour who had beat cancer. But my second hero was Spiderman. And I was laughed at.

But is Woodrow Wilson saving anyone's life today? Because Spiderman totally is!

That's right, Spiderman saved an 8-year old autistic boy yesterday who had climbed out onto the third-floor ledge of his school.

Despite teachers' efforts to beckon the boy inside, he refused to budge until his mother mentioned her son's love of superheroes, prompting fireman Sonchai Yoosabai to take a novel approach to the problem.

The rescuer dashed back to his fire station and made a quick change into a Spider-Man costume before returning to the boy, he said.

"I told him Spider-Man is here to rescue you, no monsters are going to attack you and I told him to walk slowly towards me as running could be dangerous," Somchai told local television.

The young boy immediately stood up and walked into his rescuer's arms, police said.

Take that, real life celebrities who teenagers might idol! How many autistic children have you saved? It just goes to show that only awesome people <3 Spiderman.



0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates