Tuesday 3 March 2009

Yes folks, what you are seeing here is a PINK dolphin, seen swimming like a happy little tyke in Lake Calcasieu, Louisiania. 

"While this animal looks pink, it is an albino which you can notice in the pink eyes. Albinism is a genetic trait and it unclear as to the type of albinism this animal inherited."

Awwwww, it's like all my 7-year old childhood daydreams have come true!  Any moment now, I expect a pink dolphin to fly down from the marshmallow clouds and carry me away to a land of fairy castles and glitter roses.  Annnnny moment now.  I just hope my wonderful daydream won't be foiled by the archenemy TUNA FISHING COMPANY.  Come, pink dolphin, time to call up arms and defend the daydream nation! If we can get Shamoo to join the cause, we will totally kick some ass, free willy style.

Rare pink bottlenose dolphin spotted in Louisiana lake | Environment | guardian.co.uk


3 Throwing Stars:

erin - heart in ireland said...

i think all of our childhood fantasies have come true. it is like a lisa frank folder but in real life!

Anonymous said...

It is like a Lisa Frank folder. That last commenter was dead-on. When I first saw the pictures of the pink dolphin I wondered what the childhood me would say.

Andhari said...

The first time I saw this I actually awwww-ed so loud. What a dream came true.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates