Friday 1 May 2009

This week has been a whirl of emotions for me-

Monday: Still unemployed, sleeping in, and knitting like a bad ass
Tuesday: Happy to have employment, but feeling apprehensive about being thrown into the deep end with the sharks
Wednesday: Absolute hell. Tears, sobbing, see below.
Thursday: Determined to make the day better, Still stressful, but coping
Friday: Excellent. Praise poured from all angles, begging me to stay, quality banter, and actually enjoyed myself.

So there we are. Two days ago, I was rearing to go, about the throw in the towel, and say 'Good luck, sucker' as I stored out in a blaze of fire and angst. Now, I am actually considering going back to do part time work while also working at the Library. Crazy? Yeah, sounds like me.

But the thing is, I managed to SORT OUT EVERYTHING for next week. Get what we needed ahead of time, make the arrangements for notes to be delivered, and got it to the point where we're now back on track. Evil boss from hell who I totally still thinks hates me, gave me a shower of praise in front of everyone and said she would cry now that I'm going. All the secretaries <3 me, and I've made fast friends with the people I got placed to work with. I even opted to walk home (read: 1.25 hours away) with a colleague so we could just chat, and we ended with exchanged numbers, promises to keep in touch, and even have dinner over at each others'. So if I continued to work there, then I know that I will not be starved for company, and if they keep things as organised as I've made them, then the job itself should be relatively easy.

So I am actually thinking of going back.

Good idea? Bad idea? We'll see....

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates