Friday 15 May 2009

I woke up this morning to find that the lovely sunshine which had graced Edinburgh for the past 4 days (not to mention the freezing accompanying winds of death) had departed (the sun, not the wind) leaving the sky a murky grey colour with the smell of rain hot on its heels. As anyone from a forest in Northern California can tell you, you can definitely smell impending rain, and this morning stunk of it. The best cure? Hot, fresh, homemade Cinnamon buns! I quickly got to the store before the rains came. After burning off breakfast by mixing and rolling out the dough by hand (because bread machines are for pussys), I had these diabetes inducing beauties


After about 20 mins (okay, at 20 mins they were brown on the outside....but totally uncooked inside as I soon found out, so I popped them back in for another 15 mins on low heat to slowly cook them without overcooking the outside) I had these babies that were done just as the heavy rains hit:


I didn't frost them for the pics, but I made a delicious cream cheese (can you tell it's my favourite?) vanilla frosting that wasn't too sweet because holy crap, this recipe calls for a buttload of sugar.

Super delicious! And perfect to accompany the rains of death, arctic winds, and a hot cup of tea.

5 Throwing Stars:

Kira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kira said...

do you use butter or flora-y stuff? my baking sucks, it never comes out right :(:(:(

Leashie said...

Dude, butter all the way! It's not baking if it isn't loaded in calories and fat. Although, since I don't have a proper mixer and do it all by hand, I cheat and melt the butter instead of beating it while it's soft- which is why I will never be able to make pie crust or short bread.
xx

erin - heart in ireland said...

can you share the recipe? they look AMAZING. and i want some!

Leashie said...

@Erin: I cheated..I used http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Rolls-II-2/Detail.aspx
because 1) I don't trust British cinnamon roll recipes because cinnamon rolls are American and 2) even though I can use a recipe written in grams and kilos, etc, I rather use somthing with cups and tbls.
xx

Template by:
Free Blog Templates