Wednesday 29 April 2009

Today was the kind of day that makes a nice person like me want to strangle kittens into wet, bloody pulps out of angst and anguish.
It started out with the bus. Despite being to the bus stop 5 minutes early, the bus itself was 5 minutes late. No biggie, my job is only a 10 minute ride away anyway. I should get there bang on time.

And yes, at exactly 8:30 am, I arrive at the Booking Office, ready to start the day.

You're Late
.

First bloody words out of my supervisor's mouth.

What? Um, I start at 8:30, right? I mean...come on...I rely on public transport to get to work and made it BANG ON TIME.
You start work at 8:30, yes, and I expect you to arrive at work 10 minutes before you start. Now hurry along to Reception because you're late.

Um...Hold up here. Is this normal? I mean, in my previous jobs, as long as I was there on time or up to 7 minutes late, I was still considered ON TIME. So are you going to be PAYING me for my extra 10 minutes?

Thus, I hurry along to reception to fine that NO notes OR referrals have been pulled for the day or the following day. Jigga wha? It is ANOTHER person's job to get all the notes for the week, it is yet ANOTHER person's to get all the referrals. MY job is to sit at reception, log in patients, process paperwork, and make sure that the mail is properly distributed. Well not so much anymore.

One guy is off taking exams at uni, the other is coveting his wife or something, so it's me. I get the joy of doing 3 DIFFERENT people's jobs, all of which require me to be in 3 different places. And naturally, since I was thrown in the lurch, I have no idea where this stuff is. So I'm taking the inititiave, I'm looking up where these notes are supposed to be, tracking down who to call, and running around the Hospital like a monkey searching for a crack banana to get as many notes as I can. Oh yeah, while also checking in patients, doing paper work, and running out to meet the mail van to see what the other hospitals are sending over. Superwoman? Psh, not even she is as kick ass as I am.

However, all the running around meant I didn't get to eat lunch until 2:00. ALSO, it meant that the nurses were yelling at me and getting on my case because the notes for today weren't there. Even though that's not my job.

PLUS today was 'Take out your fustration on the Receptionist' day. I got about 50,000 phone calls from angry, disgruntled patients who had been trying to phone through to the booking office for the past two weeks to fingure out what the heck was happening with their appointment. Like me, whenever they tried to phone over, they were met with a busy tone. Or it rang out. So naturally, they decieded to phone me because I was where the procedure physically took place. But all I can do is transfer them back to the Booking Office. And when I tell them that, they say they give me 3 hours of complaining and explaining, and I have to sit there and try to get through to them that I am just as helpless as they are and can only transfer them over with the same number that they have. Out of all the the calls today, 4 of them have decieded to physically show up at the Booking Office and demand an appointment. I say, 'Good Luck'. The booking office is locked and hidden and full of angry wasps of retarded.

Solution: Go home, pour wine, drink, repeat.

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates