Monday 11 May 2009

FINALLY!

Yes, FINALLY, after cockteasing bouts of sun, rain, sun, rain over the duration of the day for days on end, the sun finally came out and stayed out. And it was HEAVENLY! I went for a walk to return my library book, then over to the Meadows to lay out in the sun and take it in.

And I felt like a wee fairy! The blossoms that had graced the Meadow paths earlier were loosening up and with every (cold) breeze ( and holy hell there were a LOT of them), I got showered upon by hundreds of pink and white petals. It would have been very romantic if I weren't by myself.

It seems like all the students still around the city were also taking advantage of the sun because they Meadows was teeming with them, playing music, sports, drinking, laughing, and just stocking up of vitamin D. The forecast says it will stay the same for tomorrow as well, so fingers crossed, I'll be having another (solo) picnic in the sun.

2 Throwing Stars:

Anonymous said...

I got sunburned at lunchtime! It's like being back in Oz... Hope it lasts and we get the 'long dry summer' BBC predicts..

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I use to live in Napa, and now I live in East Kilbride!
Small world!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates