Friday 30 January 2009

Okay, so yesterday, when I received all my documents back, including passport with no visa, I freaked out. I panicked, started crying, and immediately called Scottie to say that I was doomed. He calmly assured me that if they kept my bank statements, then maybe it was okay still and that maybe they had all the information they needed...they were just waiting on more bank information. At the time it sounded reasonable. Sure, they sent me back the stuff they didn't need, kept the stuff they did, and I'll hear from the soon. Sure. Okay.

Then today I was talking to Kiki. She reaffirmed my initial fears that if they had sent me back my passport, then obviously I didn't get the visa. Visa's aren't loose documents that just get stapled or something, they are laminated into your passport precisely so it doesn't get lost. She sent me off on a barrage of phone calls. FYI: Contacting these people is easier than contacting Guantanamo Bay. I phoned the 900 number, and my phone disconnected, saying "call restricted". Pants. Then I tried the LA number that was sent to me when they first contacted me requiring my physical address. It was a recorded message saying that I should go on line, or phone the 900 number. It also stated that the 900 number was for general visa enquiries only, and that they would be UNABLE to provide me with any information about visa statuses after I had received the e-mail from the Consulate stating that my visa had arrived at the Consulate offices. Crap....

So I sent off more e-mails to Ingrig, who I feel I know rather well now, after sending her 8 e-mails in the past two weeks, and at 14:52 she sent me this back:

Please look in your passport for the entry clearance (visa). I have sent your original bank statements back to you today.

So does this mean I got approved? I assume it does. But god obviously is drunk and has a mean sense of humour because THERE IS NO VISA IN MY PASSPORT!



Seriously! I have gone through EACH AND EVERY PAGE, looked at everything 3 times over, went through all the loose documents that came with my passport, looked at all my stamps, did the whole thing 4 more times. THERE IS NO VISA! So, even if I am approved (which hopefully Ingrid's e-mail suggests), then I STILL have to send my passport back to LA to get it taken care of.

What is worse, I JUST sent off an e-mail describing this to Ingrid. I JUST got an e-mail back.

I AM CURRENTLY OUT OF THE OFFICE UNTIL 5/1/09

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

NOW SHE IS GONE! On farking holiday until MAY! So now I have to contact another person and get her to realise that Ingrid FORGOT to give me my visa!!!!

God, I am totally joining you tonight in deep inebriation. Fuck.

4 Throwing Stars:

Kira said...

yes, but that sounds very very positive. even if a mistake was made, you have proof from an official email that your visa SHOULD be there. that's a lot better than nothing! keep at it, this will turn out okay :)

xxxxxxx

ps - maybe that's a sign that mine might show up finally, too???

Kelly said...

On holiday 'til May? WTF?? Well it does sound like your visa *should* be there, which is reassuring, but now how do you get it???
Lord this all brings back horrible memories. Interesting to know that the authorities are as completely inept on both sides.

Jill said...

babe, you are totally going to get your visa. you belong there, you know it. just keep the faith and focus on harassing your grandma :)
xox, jill

erin - heart in ireland said...

OMG! wow, what a mistake!

and holiday until MAY?

hope this all gets sorted soon, but it seems like all is going to work out ok in the end.

that is a fab idea, funny signs all over europe. there are so many!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates