Sunday 5 April 2009

Everything was going fine- I was still soldiering through all the yarn I had bought in the US, happily making hats, scarves, and fingerless gloves for myself and my friends.

Then I get an e-mail from my mom saying that our cousin had been up to the house, they got to talking, she found out my cousin is one bad ass knitter, and told her of a website that sells yarn. And my mom awesomely decided that she would let me pick out whatever yarn I wanted and she would send it to me. Talk about kid in a candy and crack store.

Well, I have been meaning to attempt larger projects, and there's a hoodie in the Stitch n'Bitch book that I've been eyeing for some time. The only problem is that it called for beacoup de yarn, and it would actually cost more to buy the yarn than to buy a hoodie. Mix that with my incessant fear that I will totally f* up the hoodie so far beyond aid that I wasted all that money on yarn for noting more than a giant yarn ball of pain and destruction, and there you have it, the reason I've been cowering behind 2 day hats. But if someone else bought me yarn (and hey, it's from knitpicks so we're not talking about crazy $8 skeins of alpaca) then I wouldn't feel so bad about attempting a larger and potentially disastrous project.

Flip forward a few more days and I stumble upon this site that had Sublime Angora Merino for £1.99. No freaking way. So I caved in and bought 11 skeins- enough for a jumper and cheaper than actually buying a jumper. Sweet.

But then naturally I had to think about what kind of sweater to make....which inevitably led to me buying a £7.50 book on hoodies, cardigans, jumpers, and vests. I swear, I totally must now make EVERYTHING in there at least twice to justify buying that...

...which led me to thinking I need more yarn and how awesome a bargin the Angora Merino was....

I now have yarn coming out of my ears, and I am desperately trying NOT to buy Kim Hargreaves new book Breeze . Just to subject you to what I too could knit if I were anywhere marginally talented enough:First thing first- attempt hoodie #1. Step two-knit more

1 Throwing Stars:

erin - heart in ireland said...

Good luck! The sweaters look amazing!

Wish I wasn't sooo bad at knitting!

Template by:
Free Blog Templates