Thursday 9 April 2009

Having dreamed about eating croque monsieurs for a few days now, I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and buy all the ingredients to make them myself. Then, having eaten four delicious ham and melty cheesy goodness sandwiches in the span of two days with minimal flat-leaving/excercise, I felt it was time that I at least get in a good walk.

I decided to romp around my old neighbourhood, Marchmont, because it's one area of Edinburgh that feels the most homey. Everyone has nice flower gardens in front, the blinds are always open so you can see everyone's tastefully furnished living room, and there is generally less noise, traffic, and filth laying around.

It's also where a lot of Edinburgh University students live, particularly the posh ones who always have to be seen in the cutting edge of fashion.

Like the chick I saw and followed today for about 3 blocks. Who was wearing pantaloons.

WTF?!?!

Then I noticed that yes, indeed, pantaloons, bloomer, circus shorts, or hareem pants, were for some unfathomable reason being sold in the High Street shops. This is not okay. What is it with this country and its desire to add girth to female hips? So not only are inverted tulip skirts all the rage, so too are apparently pirate pants.

I mean, come on TopShop, these here look like diapers! Who the hell wants to walk around in a pair of giant diapers with the crotch hanging 5 inches above their knees?



I swear, the girl I saw today was wearing a pair similar to the ones on the far left. But with more rouching on the side. WHY GIVE YOURSELF A MAJOR ASS? Major diaper ass, for that matter.

I have no idea if this 'style' is hot in America just now, but I hope to god it isn't.

Britain, I know you want to be fashionable. I know that British girls are polarized as either incredibly skinny sticks or packing some major junk the the trunk, and you think that these hareem pants will give sticks curves and hide curves on the rotund, but they don't. They just look ridiculous. And yes, they will make your ass look fat no matter what size you are.

MC Hammer would like his pants back now.

1 Throwing Stars:

E-Money said...

I haven't seen anyone wearing them out and about in SF, but then again, I haven't really BEEN out and about in SF. So I'm probably not the best judge of trends right now.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates