Saturday 7 February 2009


Today I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of pensioners. Okay, maybe not that bad, but I would say that I am at the same skill level at Jean and Bobbie, who are probably around mid to late 70s. Awesome.

In a desperate attempt to find tennis buddies, my mom put a message up on the local online community board. And we got a response. M,W,F, Sat, 9:00. Weather depending. So I show up, all hung ho and excited. Scottie- we TOTALLY need to practice more!

In my defense, I haven't played since last summer. I have never played doubles, and I have never played the net. In fact, I avoid it. When Scottie and I slug it out, it's typically hard, baseline hits with both of us standing a good 2 or three feet behind the baseline. And we don't keep score. Both Jean and Bobbie, being over 70 ( dude, Jean was in a HIP brace for crying out loud!) don't really run. So they got aim on their side. And Jean is a BADASS at playing the net.

Thank god that at least I was better than the two housemoms who just swatted around. And the weird thing- in Edinburgh, my backhand is crap. Today, freaking BRILLIANT! My forehand? Sooooo terrible it should not even be talked about. Jean was trying to give me pointers. Ugh.

But at least I have a place to go and people to play with. I'm hoping that after a week of going 3 or 4 time, I'll fall back into a good rhythm and be able to kick those old peoples' asses!

Grrrrrrrr.

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates