Sunday 22 February 2009

This article caught my eye on Yahoo's headlines:

Pa. boy, 11, accused of killing dad's girlfriend

Now the article itself is pretty disturbing, but what caught my eye was the last paragraph:

The shotgun used is designed for children and has a shorter arm and such weapons do not have to be registered, Bongivengo said. Jack Houk, 57, said the boy and his father used to practice shooting behind their farmhouse, and the two enjoyed going hunting together.


Hold up- the shotgun used was DESIGNED FOR CHILDREN?!?! They MAKE guns for KIDS?!?!  Seriously?!?  Someone woke up one days and said "Hey, I think there just arn't enough firearms for the children."   This makes me so irate, I can't even think straight.


1 Throwing Stars:

erin - heart in ireland said...

when i read that this morning, i had the same reaction.

seriously?

Template by:
Free Blog Templates