Wednesday 18 February 2009

At 5:15pm GMT, approximately 24 hours after I got in a car and headed to Sacramento Int., I touched down in at the Edinburgh airport. I always LOVE flying into Edinburgh because unlike other places, where the airports are out in the boonies and show new people flying in air views of scrap piles and mud flats, Edinburgh is LOVELY. You see Arthur's Seat, the Castle, and quite a few stately homes as you descend among green fields. Ahh.

Now first of all, I want to say that I don't believe in Jet Lag. I feel that when it comes to this 'jet lag', it's a mind over matter type thing. But you can take certain measures to make sure that you adjust your mind properly- try to sleep on the plane, stay up until at least 10:00pm, and make it a habit of going to bed at around the same time every night.

That being said, I was up at 4:00 am hungry and looking for toast. Now it's about 5:30 am and I'm bored. I don't believe this is jet lag, but excitement. And...hunger. And...boredom.

Anyway, being home is fantastic. Even though I have only been away two months, I feel like it's been ages. I've forgotten where we keep the nail clippers, just how tiny out bathroom is, and how AMAZING our bed is.

Scottie went all out to make sure I came home to a clean and tidy place. He even went out and bought a new toilet seat because our old one was getting pretty rank...so I came home to a flat cleaner than I've ever seen it. Then, as I moved like a zombie through the flat, putting away my luggage and trying not to fall asleep, he made me a fantastic dinner of creamy garlic Shrimp linguine- just as I requested 3 days ago.

Naturally, the drunks that love to walk by our flat singing, swearing, and breaking bottles have not gone away, and I attribute some of my waking-up-ness to listening to them, but in a way they are also comforting because it means I'm back.

I'll try to get some more sleep in now, then spend the rest of the day unpacking, buying necessities (like bagels and cheese!) and getting ready to made dinner tonight. I have to say, the one thing I really loved about being at the Ranch was that my parents cooked every night and I never had to worry about what to eat. I'll worry about that in 13 more hours.

1 Throwing Stars:

erin - heart in ireland said...

YAY! Flying into Edinburgh is nice.
I'm not too affected by jet lag, though I can't sleep on planes I do stay up until 10-11 at whatever time I'm in and get up at like 8-9 in the morning or when coming back to Ireland go to work the next day after I get back.

:)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates