Thursday 19 February 2009

Right, well last night sort of failed. After that last post of how I was up and active at 4 am, I went back to bed, pretended to sleep, and before you knew it, I was out like a light and having major difficulties getting myself up at 8:30. So I made it 9. Now it's half 1 and I feel like crashing again.

I wanted to get this out before it was too late: I have the BEST people in my life EVER!

Really really. I feel so so so lucky to have the people I have in my life. And now they are scattered between the UK and the US.

I've always known that I have amazing friends, but last weekend totally proved it. My friend Marie decided to drive 4 hours North in the POURING rain and storm see me for a day and a half and take me to the airport. Hardcore! I told her that she totally didn't have to do it, but she said that she would walk to Sacramento if she had to to see me before I left. Awwww.....because I seriously don't think that I'm worth all that trouble.

Melissy did the same thing the previous weekend, minus the trip to the airport.

And Scottie busted out all the stops and sent me an AMAZING dozen red rose bouquet for Valentines day, even though he knew that I would only get to enjoy them for 3 days. And what makes this gesture even bigger is the fact that it took hardcore research to get this done. I live in the UBER boonies, our address doesn't even register with google as existing, and there is certainly no florist nearby. So when I tried to send my grandma flowers for Christmas, it failed miserably since UPS or whatever delivery service couldn't find my address. Scottie had to reserach florists in a 20 mile radius to find one that (a) existed, and (b) would deliver. And he did. He also took the day off before my arrival to clean the flat and make it awesome. Clean, fresh sheets, towels, brand new toilet seat, everything dusted, hoovered, and polished. And he made me a most delicious meal, then tucked me up and spooned me the whole night while I slept.

Anyway, I just feel so lucky to have such awesome people in my life. Now, if only they would all get amazing jobs and then employ me... ;)
xx

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates