Thursday 9 October 2008

Have you ever noticed how the universe and buses seem to conspire against you when you just happen to have a moment of laziness?

I don't know about you, but this always seems to happen to me. There's somewhere I need to go and I can either walk or take the bus. Walking would take about 15 minutes- not bad at all, unless it happens to be pissing down rain, or I'm in heels, or I just feel I can't be bothered. So I'll go stand at the bus stop. Oh look, a bus should be coming in 3 minutes. So much faster to take the bus. Then 3 minutes go by. Then another 3. And another. Finally 10 minutes have passed and there is no sight of the bus.

By now I'm pretty annoyed because I know that if I had just sucked it up and walked, I would have probably have been where I wanted to go by now. So now I can either continue to wait for the bus, all the while knowing that I am going to be arriving later and later, or just start walking there and hope that I can walk faster than the bus can drive. Will the waiting for the bus now take more than 15 extra minutes? Should I just walk? Walking does burn calories. Oh, but I've waited this long, I'm sure the bus will be here shortly. And then there will be traffic. Which means I'll get there 5 minutes late. Or maybe if I just walked really fast I would burn off twice as many calories and beat the bus.

Naturally, the bus then comes along and I end up arriving at where I'm supposed to be at the exact same time that I probably would have arrived if I had walked.

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates