Sunday 12 October 2008

Still got it

No matter how happy you are with your own life, your body, or your love life, it's always nice to get noticed and chatted up. And if you suffer from a lack of confidence like me, even getting chatted up by minging Irish boys is enough to raise your self-image levels. Sad, I know, but I'm still flattered, even if they are beyond pissed.

After my delightful day of bread baking (which btw turned out to be DELICIOUS), I met up with Barbie for a night of drunken debauchery. Apart from the fact that I'm unemployed and skint, so I was trying to limit myself to £10 for the night. And thanks to not eating dinner and sticking to pints, I managed to get by with £15. Anyway, I meet up with Barbie outside this studenty Irish pub called Biddy Mulligans. It's packed with about 2 different Hen parties, so there's craziness going on inside. Barbie shows up in 3 inch heels (well, she is only 5'2"), tight skinny jeans, and a shirt clervery belted under her bosom so that her ginormous breasts are spread out on a platter to be visually devoured by everyone with functioning eyesight. It was raining, so I ended up in black chunky heeled boots, a knee lenght skirt, and a long shirt...hey, it was cold!

Anyway, the drinking commenced, and so did the pick up lines. A few guys came up to say they had been checking us out since we entered the place. Others pretending to be tourists wanting to know where we'd be later that night...I was even grabbed by a guy named Patrick and forced into a ho-down line dance to Galway Girl.

Now, going out with Barbie is always an experience because 89% of all the guys flock to her and her Eva Longoria like looks, and half the fun is watching her beat guys off her by any means possible. But inevitably after a while, I always end up feeling like 'the ugly friend.' Last night, however, was another matter...

It's always good to get that extra boost of confidence, and I'll take whatever I can get!

*This post was meant to go out a week ago...but my holiday interrupted it...whoops.

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates