Tuesday 21 October 2008

Sadness. I got up at 9 today, switched on the ol' lappy, and seriously didn't finish getting dressed until 5:00. Seriously.

My normal routine is to let the old machine warm up while I wander through to the bathroom. Then I'll click on my internet and e-mail and go make a cup of tea and breakfast while it takes its sweet time to load. I like to check my e-mail in the morning because of the whole time difference thing, and most e-mails from back home are sent while I'm deep asleep. Then I normally get dressed and go about my day. Normally, if I have a day to go about in.

Today held no motivation to even get dressed. The temp agency e-mail me yesterday (at 9:00) to tell me that I was first on their list if anything came up, but that the market was slow. Fine. So I know I'm not getting a call anytime soon. So instead, all I did ALL FREAKING DAY was sit in my PJs and look for jobs. I applied to 4, one of them very out of my depth, but I figured I'd give it a go. Then I figured I might get a move on...the clock was ticking towards 4 and I still had not left my computer, my PJs, or my flat.

The sad thing is that I was initally motivated to go out and buy an apron so that I could make more bread without getting flour all over me. How sad is that? I couldn't be bothered to get dressed or even leave the house for anything, save maybe getting an apron so I ccould be uber Betty Crocker. But then I looked outside at the HOWLING winds of 5893mph and decieded to do laundry.

Finally, as the clock began to hit 5, I figured I should at least put some real clothes on before Scottie came home from work and mocked me. But not before I sewed up a hole in my jumper and did some washing up.

Finally, up and dressed, I made bread.

And the really really sad part of all this- now that I made the bread and washed the clothes and sewed up the sweater...I have NOTHING to do tomorrow.

Maybe I'll print out 100 CVs (resumes) and walk around to EVERY shop and shove it down their throats. I never wanted to go back to retail again, but I'll do it if I must.

A gal can't live for making bread each day.

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates