Friday 12 December 2008

I really hope that they invent teleporters really soon because I frickken hate looooooooong boring plane rides.

My honey and I left his aunt's house at 7 am for the airport, curtsy of a magic ticket Scottie's dad gave us for the taxi there (read: 30 quid). We checked in, popped up to Pret for a cold breakfast baguette, and then made our way to the gate. Naturally stopping by to get my dad a duty free bottle of Whiskey. Yay one x-mas pressie done!

The atlantic flight across was HEAVEN! I am SO the luckiest girl in the world. Because we were traveling standby, we managed to gleen our way into 1st class. That meant I could stretch out, wrap myself up in a nice cozy blanket, watch 30 different films on my own private viedo screen, and douse myself in free Bloody Marys, Gin and Tonics, Champagne, Amarettos, etc. Heaven. I totally felt like the cat who got the cream, but 10 hours have never flown by so quickly.

Not as lucky for part two of the journey. American Air only flies into Sacramento from Dallas, and this time around we were lucky enough to get the last two seats in the plan- at the far back jobbie hole. Honey's window looked out on the turbine, so there was no point in even having the screen open. 4 hours. And no food. I made that free drink laaaaaaaaast.

Finally, after 21 hours of solid travel, honey and I fell into Sac airport, my dad showed up a half hour later, and we were off home. An hour after that we finally were home.

Now I am nothing but fat. My mom went all out and we had Pizza, crisps, bowls of left over halloween chocolate (like who the hell could come trick or treating waaaaaaay out in the boonies?), coke, seven up, cookies (two kinds!)...ah welcome back to junk food nation.

First thing I did was get car insurance and phone set up. Done and done. But only two days into our stay here....is it wrong that grandma is already making me mental?

Stay tuned, as I am sure that crazy grandma antics will follow...that or I loose it and kill her.

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates