Sunday 2 August 2009

and back!

I just got back from an a wonderful 8 day trip to Krakow, Poland, and can I just say that I freaking LOVE that place? And not just because I'm cheap or an alkie (40% alcohol Vanilla Vodka that tastes like it was distilled from Angel tears for only £2.00 at the pub?!?!?! £5 a bottle?!?! Yes please!!!), but the whole place was wonderful. I suddenly discovered a part of me that I had never experience before- that of a shopaholic in a foreign country. The first day I was forced to buy almost a new wardorbe (more on that later), but from that point on, I couldn't stop myself. Was it that Polish clothes are awesome in an ecclectic but fashionale way? Or the fact that everything was not only cheap against the pound, but also ON SALE? I seriously had to force myself to stop buying clothes, vodka, jewlery and shoes because I just didn't have the packing space.


And the food...oh good lord, I have no idea how the majority of Polish girls are size 2 when the portions are so massive and dripping in lard...and so damn delicious.

I kept a 8 day diary of my life there which I will start recounting here later, but for a short recap-
1) Easy Jet epically fails
2) I am the MOST SPOILED person EVER
3) I gained 40lbs on this trip
4) Polish people rock
5)Vodka is my friend
6)Nazis....just...how...how?!?!
7) I can live for a week without e-mail or internet
8)My Honey and I attract water leaks flies to rotten meat
9)Krakow has a major love affair with Pope JP2
10) The idea that Poles want to live in the UK is mindboggling.

Stay tuned...

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates