Friday 26 September 2008

Interesting facts here- yesterday I was railing on about my lack of career focus, how much I don't want to be doing reception, and how I silently long for lives experienced by more interesting people. Apparently I am not the only one. In the paper today, it is said that '... January 2008 found that almost seven million Britons in their twenties are deeply unhappy with their lives an duder intense pressure to succeed in jobs, finances and relationships.' Seven Million?!?!?! I had no idea Britan even had that many twentysomethings. So at least I'm not alone. Bad news is (since apparently I alway have to be the one who cynically sees things half empty) is that now I have to compete against SEVEN MILLION others for happy, successful jobs. Bah.

In other, happier news, IT'S FRIDAY!!! I managed to convince that man of mine (from here on named Scottie, like the dog) that he really wanted to treat me to a large sushi dinner. Proper sushi is pretty rare in Edinburgh, with an actual japanese restaurant opening up last year (note- not so delicious), and an AMAZING sushi restaurant opening close by to us just soon after. And it is AWESOME! Unlike the other place, they have rolls. Nothing as imaginative as the ones found in cali, but still, I take what I can get.

Then one of my best friends is coming in to town to visit. SAfriend (as she is from South Africa) is coming in Saturday night for (maybe more sushi), possibly a movie, and hopefully drinks, if I can convince her that she really isn't doing this not drinking thing.

Yay for weekend playtime!

0 Throwing Stars:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates